Program Dates: June 3-25, 2019
Course: L/ST 211: Theatre/Dance/Movement for Inclusive Elementary Classrooms OR/AND L/ST 404: Arts Capstone: Arts and Values
Approximate Travel Cost: $2,840
- Round trip flights
- Six nights nights accommodation in Chiang Mai
- Two nights accommodation in Chang Rai
- One night accommodation in hill tribe village homestay
- Ten nights accommodation in Chiang Mai
- Breakfast included at the hotel daily
- 2 Dinners
- Tickets to a Cabaret Show
- Visit to an Elementary School in Chiang Mai
- Visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- Visit to the Chiang Mai Night Market
- Day Trip to Elephant Nature Park
- Visit to The Hilltribe Museum and Education Center
- Visit to Baan Dam (Black House)
- Admission to Wat Rong Khun (White Temple)
- Overnight Hill Tribe Experience (1 night accommodation in homestay, meals included)
- Visit to Chiang Mai University
- Traditional Thai Dance Workshop
- Traditional Thai Puppetry Show and Workshop
- Thai Cooking Class at an Organic Farm
Course Tuition: $945
L/ST 211: This course covers the use of theatre and dance/movement in the elementary classroom. Application of theatre and dance/movement elements to teaching methods and public speaking. Emphasis on understanding how prejudice, values and stereotyping influence choices and judgments about performance arts.
L/ST 404: This course is designed to produce a deeper awareness of concepts and practices that are basic to understanding the arts, their forms, and their relationships to societies and issues. We will explore the effects of religion, Enlightenment philosophy, modernism, and multiculturalism on the arts. Methodology in arts education will be developed through a variety of teaching strategies that may be applied to all levels of education.
See attached flyer for more information: LST211 and LST404 Chiang Mai 2019 small.pdf
See the attached instructions for on getting to Chiang Mai: Getting to Chiangmai Plan.pdf
Contact Professor Victoria Bryan
for more information at
Open to Liberal Studies majors (as well as staff, faculty, alumni,
and community members on a space available basis).
Faculty permission required. Once you have been "accepted" by Professor Bryan your next step is to pay your deposit for the travel portion of the course.
ASI-CSULB Study Abroad Scholarship
A limited number of $750 scholarships are available for short-term, study abroad programs.
for more information and to apply for the scholarships.
Deadline to apply: March 11, 2019