Program Dates: June 3-25, 2019
Course: L/ST 211: Theatre/Dance/Movement for Inclusive Elementary Classrooms
Approximate Travel Cost: $2,840
- Round trip flights
- Six nights nights accommodation in Chiang Mai
- Two nights accommodation in Chang Rai
- One night accommodation in hill tribe village homestay
- Ten nights accommodation in Chiang Mai
- Breakfast included at the hotel daily
- 2 Dinners
- Tickets to a Cabaret Show
- Visit to an Elementary School in Chiang Mai
- Visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- Visit to the Chiang Mai Night Market
- Day Trip to Elephant Nature Park
- Visit to The Hilltribe Museum and Education Center
- Visit to Baan Dam (Black House)
- Admission to Wat Rong Khun (White Temple)
- Overnight Hill Tribe Experience (1 night accommodation in homestay, meals included)
- Visit to Chiang Mai University
- Traditional Thai Dance Workshop
- Traditional Thai Puppetry Show and Workshop
- Thai Cooking Class at an Organic Farm
Course Tuition: $945
Course Description: This course covers the use of theatre and dance/movement in the elementary classroom. Application of theatre and dance/movement elements to teaching methods and public speaking. Emphasis on understanding how prejudice, values and stereotyping influence choices and judgments about performance arts.
See attached flyer for more information: LST211 Chiang Mai 2019.pdf
Contact Professor Victoria Bryan
for more information at
Open to Liberal Studies majors (as well as staff, faculty, alumni,
and community members on a space available basis).
Faculty permission required. Once you have been "accepted" by Professor Bryan your next step is to pay your deposit for the travel portion of the course.
ASI-CSULB Study Abroad Scholarship
A limited number of $750 scholarships are available for short-term, study abroad programs.
for more information and to apply for the scholarships.
Deadline to apply: March 11, 2019