Teach or Research Abroad
Teach or Research AbroadA popular option for individuals looking to gain international experience involve teaching or conducting a research project abroad. Below are some resources to explore if this type of program is of interest to you!
TEFL CertificateCSULB offers a Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Certificate Program. This course is designed to prepare you to be an English instructor in a variety of settings around the world. The program covers the latest in learning theory and teaching methodology with an emphasis on their practical applications in the classroom.
For more information, please contact us at TEFL@csulb.edu or call (562) 985-1805.
Teach or Research Resources
- Yokkaichi Teach in Japan Overview and Application - 2017.pdf (Teaching Assistant in Japan)
- Council on International Education Exchange (Work & Volunteering)
- Teach English in Austrian high schools (sponsored by the Austrian government)
- Teach English in Spain for the Spanish government (over 2,000 jobs available throughout Spain)
- Fulbright Scholars Exchange Program
- GeoVisions (Individualized placements throughout the world)
- Institute of International Education (Fulbright English teaching assistantships)
- International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX)
- International Schools Services (K-12 teaching jobs abroad)
- JET Program (Japan Exchange and Teaching Program for college graduates to work as K-12 assistant language teachers in Japan)
- Language Corps
- Princeton in Asia (Placements offered throughout East, South, and Central Asia by a non-profit organization)
- Search Associates (Placement of educators in Pre-K—12 schools throughout the world)
- TEFL International (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- Teach Abroad.com (Includes certified teaching positions and ESL positions)
- Teach and Learn with Georgia (Recruits native English speakers to co-teach English alongside local English teachers in Georgia)
- TIE online